Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finding My Voice

I sang tonight for the first time in months, and it was like breathing again after being underwater. Music is such a huge part of who I am, and I've stifled that part of myself for so long.

I think I've been punishing myself without realizing it, because I've been so depressed. By doing that one little thing, just singing along with the music, I've taken a little step toward the person I used to be, the one I remember. The one Shanna remembers.

I like that me. I miss that me. I'm slowly coming back, and I had no idea how much I was missing until now.

1 comment:

  1. okay, nothing to do with this blog post, but I just read your comment on thebloggess, and it reminded me that my aunt picked the 4th of July to get married on, so that her husband would never forget their anniversary because of the fireworks. But of course a few years after they got married fireworks got banned, so that plan didn't work.

    Though now that I think of it, maybe if you want fireworks to remind your beloved of your anniversary, you should get married on the 5th of July. Because think about it, if the point is that you want your spouse to remember your anniversary, the real point is probably that you want them to celebrate the anniversary. And fireworks happen at night. After all the florists or jewelers or power tool or bicycle shops are closed (depending on what you're into) and after you've already had dinner. So you really want them to remember the day before, so they have a chance to organize something for celebration.

    (Um, should I mention that I've damaged my foot and am on drugs, and therefor might be babbling to strangers more than normal?)

    Hope you've continued singing since you posted in May.

    ReplyDelete