Friday, November 5, 2010

My Mom Always Told Me Being Lazy Was Going to Bite Me In the Ass One Day

I've always had to do more than one thing at once. Otherwise I get really bored. Well, except for sex, because I've found that the other person tends to get a little offended when you try to multi-task.

I have about a million tabs open in Firefox all the time, which drives Shanna insane. She's one of those people who just opens the browser and then closes it without saving any of her tabs for later. Pfft, whatever.

My point to all this is that I have several blogs open in tabs at any given time. Some are new to me, and I'm reading through the archives. I can't just pick up in the middle, because I don't want to miss anything. Because I'm nosy.

The other blogs I have open are ones I read regularly that I'm too lazy to close or that I forgot were open. Because I seriously do have at least 20 tabs open at any given time. Because I might neeeeeed them for something, and I might forget about them if I close them out. They aren't all blogs. Some are things I saw that I wanted or some other thing I wanted to look at or read and didn't have time. And yeah, I could bookmark it or whatever, but really, the chances of me going back into my bookmarked sites and remembering why I bookmarked something? Pretty much zero.

So what really happens (don't tell Shanna) is that I have so many tabs open, and tabs underneath tabs, that I forget about a lot of them anyway. So they all sit there. Being open. For days and days on end. Until I see them and remember how awesome they are and start reading them again and then I get distracted by a cookie or some glitter and forget about my tabs and the whole cycle starts all over again.

And because I'm a huge moron, I just now realized that all of these wonderful bloggers can see when someone is reading their blog. So I now look like a creepy, mouth-breathing stalker who is staking out their blog for whatever weird reason, when really I'm just lazy as hell and I don't want to have to figure out what post I was reading when I go back to the blog so it's easier to just leave it up.

So anyway, I'm probably still going to leave my tabs up (see above, re: lazy), but rest assured that I am not a stalker. I don't have the attention span or the drive to stalk anyone.

But laziness, that's a valid life choice, right?

Right?

Shit.

2 comments:

  1. Ha!! Total blog stalker.

    This is great by the way: "Well, except for sex, because I've found that the other person tends to get a little offended when you try to multi-task."

    Gives me all sorts of ideas for posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks VGB! And I can't wait to read what you come up with on the subject, because everything you write makes me snort/laugh so hard I pee a little.

    Oh, and the stalker thing? I wouldn't laugh too much if I were you. Because I'm probably (totally) stalking you as we speak.

    ReplyDelete